The condo bylaws usually contain the following information:
- Owner’s Duties and Obligations: Here you will find the rules that the owners may abide by. Are pets allowed? Age restrictions for occupants, and other aspects of rules the owners must follow.
- Repair and Maintenance: This is to clarify who is responsible for the maintenance of certain aspects of the condo. Who is responsible for, doors, windows, interior, and exterior maintenance. The maintenance can vary widely between different condo corporations.
- Duties of the Corporation: The Condo corporation is typically not for profit. The duties may include, control, manage, repair, and administer maintenance and services relating to the condo property.
- Powers of the Corporation: The Condominium Act gives powers to the corporation to give them the ability to enforce the rules within the bylaws and the Condominium Act.
- Duties of the Board: The board shall carry out the duties and responsibilities of the corporation. Keep minutes from meetings, and financial records of the corporation.
The Condominium Bylaws are an important document that should always be reviewed by the owner or condominium document specialist prior to the purchase .